The Florida Department of Health in Hardee County has authority with in the following food service facilities: schools (public and private), residential facilities, assisted living facilities, correctional facilities, civic and fraternal organizations, bars and lounges that do not serve food.
Under Chapter 64E-11 of the Florida Administrative code, the above stated facilities are inspected for:
- Health and safety checks for proper handling of food
- Storage and preparation of foods
- Adequate refrigeration temperatures
- Proper cleaning and sanitizing of utensils, work areas and equipment
- Prevention of cross-contamination (keeping raw meats separate from other unprepared foods)
- Contamination by insects and other pests
Public restaurants in Hardee county are under the authority of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Grocery stores and convenience stores in Hardee are under the authority of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS). Also, the Florida Department of Health in Hardee County no longer works with food service facilities in hospitals, nursing homes, child care facilities, many group homes, and churches and other not-for-profit religious organizations.
Fraternal / Civic
Jail / Prison
Bar / Lounge
Limited Food Service
Other Food Service