This month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released their 2022 Clinical Practice Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Pain. The report is an update to previous 2016 Guidelines, but takes a step backwards in the national fight against the opioid crisis. In response, Dr. Kenneth A. Scheppke, Florida's Deputy Secretary for Health, wrote the response below. This was published in the Wall Street Journal on November 21, 2022.
- Now is Not the Time for the CDC to Relax Opioid Prescription Guidelines Video Accompaniment
- FDOH and DCF Leadership Visit Brevard County Core Network Video Accompaniment
- FDOH Encourages Floridians to Be Prepared Ahead of Tropical Storm Nicole Landfall Video Accompaniment
- Tropical Storm Nicole - Early Prescription Refills Permitted Under State of Emergency Video Accompaniment
- FDOH and DCF Leadership Visit Volusia County Core Network Video Accompaniment