Skip Global navigation and goto content

It's a New Day in Public Health.

The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.

Skip MegaMenu and goto content

Mobile Home Parks, RV Parks and Campgrounds

Florida Department of Health in Hardee County

Mobile homes, lodging and recreational vehicle (R.V.) parks, as well recreational camps are licensed annually by the Department of Health in accordance with Chapter 64E-15, F.A.C (51 kb PDF - opens in a new window.

Routine inspections are conducted for drinking water, sewage disposal, solid waste disposal, fire protection, and insect and rodent control at mobile home parks, R.V. parks, and campgrounds. Plans are reviewed for new and renovated parks and temporary campgrounds to ensure compliance with state regulations before a permit is issued. Temporary parks are only allowed to operate during special events such as Bike Week and Speed Week.

Apply for a Permit

To apply for a new permit, download and complete the application form (opens in a new window - 14 kb PDF) and submit it, along with a plan of your park, information on the water system, the sewage disposal system, any swimming pools, and the required permit fee (The fee is based on the number of spaces your park has). The plans for a new park or camp must be drawn to scale and include the area and dimensions of the tract of land; the space number or other designation of the space; the location and size of all proposed mobile home, recreational vehicle, or tent spaces; the location of roadways; and the location of any added service buildings.

Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF).  The free Adobe Reader (link opens in a new window) may be required to view these files.

Download Files (all links and pdfs open in a new window)

The Florida Statute, Florida Administrative Code rules, and park listings can be downloaded by clicking on the title of the document.  Most documents are in pdf format.  

Helpful Resources (all links open in new window)

The Florida Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (link opens in a new window)

File a landlord tenant complaint:
Department of Business and Professional Regulation - 1-850-488-1122

File a landlord tenant complaint:
Division of Agricultural and Consumer Services - 1-800-352-9832
Landlord/Tenant Law in Florida / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services ( (link opens in a new window)